To Code or Not to Code? That is the question. Is it nobler in the minds of CIOs to suffer the slings and arrows of those who cannot get apps fast enough or supply them with a low-code development solution that empowers the business to build their own?
“Chief information officers, on the hook to automate manual and repetitive business processes, are increasingly turning to tools designed to create applications quickly, without the sweat of writing and debugging lines of code” (Agam Shah, Wall Street Journal, 2019).
And it’s a good question that has a straightforward answer. In today's world, a mobile data app solution is everything. It delivers mission-critical information directly from the point of service or inspections. It provides real-time or near real-time visibility to updated information. With an industry proven low-code app development and deployment solution, you can empower the business to accelerate your app strategy. With a low-code app solution, the business becomes an integral part of executing your IT strategy by leveraging their subject matter expertise with an easy “click, drag, and drop” app designer. In essence, it extends your IT resource pool.
Low Code Inspection App Design Software
If you are investigating a low-code solution, make sure it meets these minimum requirements:
- App designer should be web based to allow easy access from HTML5 browsers
- Your low-code designer should utilize a simple “click, drag, drop” method
- The App designer should embrace not only the simplest data elements such as textual data entry, dates, signatures, and customizable check lists to ensure best practices, but also include complex capture fields such as photos, GPS, maps, URL’s, bar codes, and file attachments
- Your investment should be future-proofed. Operating systems and device sizes should not be limited to one or two flavors; the best solutions are agnostic and will support iOS, Windows, and Android
- The right low-code solution should not be dependent on network connectivity
- It should embed flexible and dynamic decision support capabilities
- Must have a complementary and easy to use backend database like SQL, a “click” empowered rules engine, a report designer based on user-defined Word/PDF documents with an automated workflow ability for a complete enterprise solution
- Your new low-code solution should enable centralized data accessibility, graphical visibility, automatic data organization, repurposing, and sharing across enterprise users and be supported by robust security models
- Don’t forget one of the most important time savers with the right low-code solution – data integration, directly from the app designer by “click, drag, drop” from your existing data sets
With the right low-code field inspection software, you have complete control over your data while allowing the business to quickly build, test and transfer solutions over to IT for final approval and deployment. This is how you accelerate the process of having existing line of business employees become a transparent part of your IT department combining their expertise and their data into app deployment success. The value propositions include improved operational efficiencies, reduced costly data delays and entry errors, missed or erroneous compliance reporting, enhanced customer engagements, improved SLA’s for those you serve, and an overall competitive edge. Seeing is believing – seeing your data give you the tools you need to grow and quickly make decisions based on digital data facts.
The Low-code NextGen Designer allows your IT staff to grow exponentially by empowering the business users to participate and become engaged in the new world of mobile apps.
For a demonstration of the Mobile Impact Platform, a leading low-code app development environment, please contact us and request a demonstration.